A new year, another month, another Birchbox!
I have seen reviews of other Birchboxes this month and it looks like they are recycling some of the products from last month’s box. I was lucky to not receive any repeats this month.
Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask x 2
– I have never really used hair masks before, but I am willing to give this one a try. 2 containers were included as I am assuming one container is for one use. The smell of this product reminds me of good old fashion cotton candy.
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
– I have heard so many good things about this product and I am so glad that I am now able to try it out. After testing it, it absorbs nicely and quickly, does not leave a greasy feeling and it makes your skin feel soft. I have yet to try it as a “primer” but this cream can also be used as a makeup remover.
Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum
– Perfume samples are not something that I desire and wish that I could completely opt out of these kinds of samples as I hardly ever wear perfume. The fact that it is a vial sample also kind of saddens me as perfume vials are typically complementary. Thus, seeing the value in this sample is not there for me.
ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Dusk Till Dawn
– I am happy to receive a full size lipstick in my box this month, but was kind of taken aback by the colour. It is a brownish colour in the tube yet upon trying it, does not seem so bad. It is more on the pinker side and I actually don’t mind the colour. It glides on smoothly and feels moisturizing on the lips.
Tocca Crema da Mano Cleopatra – Grapefruit & Cucumber
– Hand creams are a staple for the winter months, but I have quite a few already that I am still working through. This one is a decent sized sample and smells quite lovely though.
Overall, the samples are not bad, but not entirely great in my opinion. I am going to stay subscribed for now, but will see how it goes as the subscribers in the US seem to be getting way better value and samples in their boxes. Hopefully this changes in the very near future for us Canadians.
What did you receive in your January Birchbox? What are your thoughts?
Check out what I got in my December Birchbox: December 2014 Birchbox
If you have any questions/comments, don’t hesistate to leave me one :)
Also, if you would like to join Birchbox, please feel free to use my referral link: Join Birchbox