Birchbox has launched in Canada at last. I always envied those living in the US who received such a variety of quality products from Birchbox, a beauty subscription box that us Canadians could not subscribe to because they did not offer shipping up North. But low and behold, once word came out that Canadians could subscribe to Birchbox, I quickly subscribed with the click of a button. I have been subscribed to Luxebox previously and currently Topbox, but am not really seeing the value in Topbox as I did 3 years ago when I first subscribed. I am hoping that Birchbox will live up to sending out quality products with good value.
Here is what I received:
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
– I have previously received this in a Topbox and do like this product. It gives good results for a dry shampoo when you need to refresh your hair on those days when washing it is not an option
Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner in Black
– I have not heard of this brand before, but it seems promising after reading reviews. However, I prefer liquid eyeliners and may not get a chance to test this out.
Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream
– The scent is a bit heavy for me, but it does moisturize nicely and quickly absorbs into the skin.
– This seems comparable to Benefit’s Benetint; both products that stain and give cheeks and lips a nice rosy tint. The difference with Stainiac is that it is a gel-like consistency and has a doe-foot applicator instead of a brush. I have quite a few lip products that I am trying to use up and I personally prefer powder blushes, so I may or may not end up trying this product out.
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
– I previously received this in a Topbox, but absolutely adore it. So much that I purchased a full size! Having another sample size of this is perfect for travelling. I really enjoy how smooth my face feels after using it.
Overall, this was a decent first month box from Birchbox. I will be using all products with the exception of the eyeliner and maybe the Stainiac. I like that the description card provides the information on what the product is and how to use it. It also gives the cost of the full size products that you can compare your sample size to. Birchbox also has a points system in which for every 100 points you earn, you get $10 to use in the Birchbox shop. This is something that can be seen as a plus as you can use your points to purchase the full size products of the ones you enjoy or others for that matter.
What did you receive in your December Birchbox? What are your thoughts?
If you have any questions/comments, don’t hesistate to leave me one :)
Also, if you would like to join Birchbox, please feel free to use my referral link: Join Birchbox