Keurig 2.0 – “Brew a Cup. Brew a Carafe”
I was one of the lucky participants chosen by Influenster Canada to test and review the Keurig 2.0 K300. Once I received the email that I was selected, I had the impression that we would simply receive the K Cups.. I guess that wouldn’t make sense if you don’t have a Keurig! It was only until Influenster posted a picture revealing the machine that those selected would be receiving. How awesome is that?! Christmas came early :)
I am quite familiar with the Keurig brand as I have previously used one before. This one however, has a few new features that make it “new and improved.” Here are the pros and cons of the Keurig 2.0 K300 as follows:
- Touch screen
– Great feature to have and easy to navigate
– The carafe allows you to brew a pot of coffee that contains 3-5 cups. You simply put in a K-Carafe pod, stick the carafe under the brewer and you will then have your multiple cups of coffee. This is a great option to have if you have guests over
- You can brew hot water
– Perfect if you just want a cup of hot water or to make a cup of tea
- A variety of K-Cups and K-carafes are included
– Everyone has different tastes, so the variety provided is great to suit anyone’s needs
– It has a nice sleek design and looks quite fancy on a kitchen countertop
- You can choose what size of a cup you want: 4oz, 8oz and 10oz
- There is an option to brew a “strong” cup of coffee (perfect for those long nights out and lack of sleep!)
- The K-Cups
– The 2.0 machine will only brew Keurig approved K-Cups as it uses “Keurig 2.0 brewing technology” in the labels. Any coffee pod that does not have the official Keurig lid in the label (including unofficial, non Keurig pods and older K-Cups) will not work in the machine.
– This can be an issue for some as the K-Cups can be expensive
– Some people prefer their own blend of coffee and would not be able to use a My K-Cup reusable coffee filter for this machine
– Keurig created this technology to ensure and promise “excellent quality beverages”
– The K-Cups are not recyclable, which is a bummer. However the K-carafe cups are and this is important for a consumer who prefers eco-friendly products
Overall, this is a great machine for brewing quick and easy cup of coffee in the morning or whenever you need a pick-me-up. There are some highlights of this machine, but the major flaw is the inability to use other unofficial Keurig cups. This is problematic for people who enjoy other types of coffee and are unable to use the My K-Cup reusable coffee filter.
If you received the Keurig 2.0 from Influenster as well, what are your thoughts?
By the way…..
What is Influenster?
“An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other.” By connecting your social media accounts, you can earn points. The higher your Influenster score, the more likely you are to receive free products to test out” (influenster.com)