So happy that the weather is getting warmer and the sweaters can be put away! Another month has gone by and another box of beauty products to look forward to. However, this month was a bit of a disappointment yet again. Topbox, what is going on with you? You’re definitely losing your touch.
LA Splash Nail Splash in Curfew
– Nice colour, but seems a bit drab for spring time. It is a pretty dark teal/blue-ish colour that would suit the fall season. I would expect something a little more bright for spring!
Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Eye Serum
– Do foil packets count as a “deluxe” sample? I am also not into anti-aging products just quite yet..
Pur-Lisse Gentle Soymilk Cleanser and Makeup Remover
– This may be the only product that I am happy to try. It has a slight baby powder smell to it, but I am always excited to try out new cleansers.
BH Cosmetics California Collection Palette
– I have heard that the quality of BH Cosmetics is just not there. I also have a lot of eye shadows, so this is not really something I would use.
SHU UEMURA Cleansing Oil Shampoo
– I received this extra item because I received yet another duplicate item in the past month’s box. I enjoy the smell of this and am looking forward to trying this out.
These brands (LA Spash & BH Cosmetics) just do not scream “luxe” to me. According to the Topbox website, they claim: “In joining this exclusive ladies club, you are signing up for 4 generous helpings of premium delight each and every month.” LA Splash and BH Cosmetics in my opinion are not seen as “premium delight.” Also, the Elizabeth Arden foil packet does not seem like a “generous helping” as you usually get 2-3 uses out of these and foil packets are generally given out complimentary at department stores. These samples that I received are just not living up to Topbox’s claims. After seeing some of the products that other subscribers received, I just cannot help but be disappointed yet again and I hate to be one to complain. Some of the products in the Murale boxes were definitely high end brands and some subscribers also received full size products in their regular boxes. There will always be complaints if the price discrepancies continue. If Topbox aims to keep subscribers, there needs to be more of an equal price range of samples given out, otherwise they will keep losing subscribers.
What did you receive in your April Topbox?
Check out what I got in my March Topbox:
If you have any other questions/comments, please feel free to leave one :)