I received my MAY luxe box yesterday….. Yesterday was June 1st. I am not happy that I received this a month late. What is going on? I have received previous luxe boxes a little earlier than this; and I mean still at the end/near the end of the month. Receiving the box this late is kind of frustrating. It should not take this long to receive a box. It may be Canada Post’s fault, but why won’t Luxebox ship the packages out earlier? Just my two cents.
This month, 2 boxes were sent: the regular black box as well as a complimentary bath & body box.
In the black box, I received:
MyScent Collection of fragrances
– When I opened my box, I was surprised to see a myscent bag in there. I had emailed luxe box and opted for a fragrance-free box and I was under the impression that a fragrance-free box is what I would be receiving from here on out. My oh my… The 3 fragrance samples that I received were Prada Candy, Marc Jacobs Daisy Eu So Fresh and CK Shock. I have previously received Prada Candy in another box, I like the Daisy perfume and I don’t mind CK Shock. Obviously I would have enjoyed a different product more as opposed to this myscent bag. Oh well.
Orlane Absolute Skin Recovery Repairing Night Cream
– Basically a night cream to repair and erase the signs of aging and fatigue. I’ve tried a different Orlane cream from another box and was pleased as it was another everyday moisturizer. This is a nice travel size sample.
Cargo Lash Activator Mini Duo
– This may be the best product out of the whole box. This mascara system claims to give you visibly longer and thicker lashes in 30 days. We’ll see.
KMS California Free Shape Hot Flex Creme
– I received 3 packets of this creme. It is supposed to provide heat protection, anti-breakage and humidity resistance as well as a lasting hair style once heat is applied. I have a ton of hair styling products already that I need to use up first, so I may save these to try for when I travel.
In the complimentary bath & body box, I received:
Gillette Venus & Olay Razor
– This is a new razor from Gillette and it appears that an Olay moisture bar attached to the razor replaces shaving cream. Interested to see how good this works!
Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex
– I have actually already received this product in my January luxe box. I’m still at the point where I don’t have wrinkles yet! Not sure that this will be of great use for me. Seems like this is a product that they just threw in last minute..
Overall, this was a decent box, however once again I am not fond of how late this was received and the inclusion of the perfume samples. Oh and repeat products (Prada Candy Perfume, Olay wrinkle cream). It was nice of luxe box though to include a complimentary razor because they are always useful. I am also finding that the past few months of luxe boxes are not living up to the subscription service that I am paying for–a subscription service of deluxe high end samples. I haven’t been super excited about all the products in any of the past few months. Looking back, my November luxe box was probably the best one I have ever received.
Want more information &/or would like to sign up? Check it out:
Also, my review of the April Luxe Box: April Luxe Box
As always, please feel free to leave a comment/question :)
What did you receive in your May luxe box?