December is full of festive holiday events.
Listed are some things to see and do that will definitely be fun for the whole family.
Click the links (on each event name) for more information :)
Bright Nights in Stanley Park
Now until January 2, 2012 (Closed Christmas Day). Sun-Thurs: 3-10pm Fri & Sat: 3-11pm
– I’ve gone to the Ghost Train during Halloween & it was so much fun! I’ve also enjoyed this event in previous years. Definitely check this out! Great fun for the whole family.
How Much? Adults: $9 Seniors & Kids (2-18 yrs): $6
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge
Now until January 1, 2012. 5-9pm
– Over 250, 000 lights are displayed throughout the park. There’s a Christmas band and a glass blower; how cool is that? Also check out the Cliffwalk.
How Much? Adults: $25 Kids: $5 & all proceeds go to the BC Professional Fire Fighter’s Burn Fund
Luminescence at The Vancouver Aquarium
Now until January 2, 2012. 9:30am-5pm
– How do animals create & reflect light? Find out at this special festive exhibit! Also featuring “Scuba Claus”
How Much? Adults: $21 Seniors & students: $16 Kids (4 – 12yrs): $13 Children 3 & under are free
Vancouver Christmas Market
Now until December 24, 2011. 11am-9pm
– A German Christmas Market featuring crafts, music, entertainment & good food & drink
Where is it? The Plaza @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
How Much? Adults: $5 Kids (7 – 12 yrs): $2 kids 6 & under are free
Robson Square Ice Skating
Now until February 29, 2012. Sun-Thurs: 9am-9pm Fri & Sat: 9am-11pm
– A small, but great outdoor rink to enjoy an hour or two of skating. Grab a cup of hot chocolate after!
Where is it? 800 Robson St. across from the Vancouver Art Gallery
How Much? Admission is free if you have your own skates. Rentals are $4, helmets $2
Karaoke Christmas Lights Tour by the Vancouver Trolley Company
December 9 – December 24, 2011. Daily, from 6:30pm
– A 3 hour tour on a trolley that picks you up from the Christmas Market and stops at Bright Nights first & then the Festival of Lights. Killing 3 birds with one stone! Did I mention you get to sing? How fantastic!
By reservation only.
Vandusen Botanical Garden – Festival of Lights
December 9, 2011 – January 2, 2012. 4:30-9pm (Closed Dec. 25)
– This is definitely one event you should check out! I have been to the Festival of Lights in the previous years and the displays are magnificent!
How Much? Adults: $13.50 Seniors & Youth: $10 Kids (6 – 12yrs): $7.50 Families: $31
Hopefully you get the chance to check out some if not one of these events. Have a great holiday!